Who is Paragon D&E?
Family owned and operated since 1942, Paragon D&E is a leader in advanced manufacturing. With a strong history in injection and compression tooling, Paragon has evolved into a multifaceted organization with a diverse product line serving Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agricultural, Oil and Gas and other industries. Paragon has a state-of-the-art facility with the latest machining technology and continually invests in our team and equipment.
Paragon is committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct in all that we do. We believe that honesty and integrity create trust, which is the cornerstone of our business.
We recognize that our success depends on the talent, skills and expertise of our people and our ability to function as a tightly integrated team. Communication and respect are essential elements of a positive and productive business relationship. We promote a caring and helpful approach to those we work with and the community around us.
*Paragon was awarded one of West Michigan’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For the last three consecutive years*
The position is required to operate a designated CNC machine with a high degree of accuracy and speed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES and all other duties as assigned.
- Setup, adjust and check out programming and operate numerically controlled machine tools to perform a series of progressive machining operations on repetitive work to close and exacting tolerances and finish specifications requiring considerable skill.
- Review machine schedule board for machining needed daily.
- Works from programming instructions, operational data and machine setup instructions defining and coding tool arrangements, material clamping methods, machine calibrations and console settings for operations and occasional profiling and contouring.
- Manage scheduled hours, estimating hours accurately and communicate to supervisor –Estimated over/under hours.
- Manage machine program files.
- Verify programming and that the material/component matches the data/program.
- Maintaining traceability of job data, files, materials, components.
- Verify tooling and setup of job on the machines
This position requires a High School degree or equivalent and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in machining.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands and fingers to feel objects, tools or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Communication – Keeps lines of communication open to ensure safe, quality work with on-time delivery
Innovation – Proactively identifies new and cost-effective ways of doing things to increase effectiveness and efficiencies.
Trouble Shooting – Shows insight to the root-cause of problems with non-typical set-ups and identifies solutions.
Customer Service – Highly responsive to internal customer’s needs; exceeding their expectations.
Attention to Detail – Diligently attends to detail and checks work to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Apply now! Email questions and send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know what it’s like working at Paragon?
Check-out other career openings on our website at http://www.paragonde.careers