Family owned and operated since 1942, Paragon D&E is a leader in advanced manufacturing. With a strong history in injection and compression tooling, Paragon has evolved into a multifaceted organization with a diverse product line serving Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agricultural, Oil and Gas and other industries. Paragon has a state of the art facility with the latest machining technology and continually invests in our team and equipment.
Paragon is committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct in all that we do. We believe that honesty and integrity create trust, which is the cornerstone of our business.
We recognize that our success depends on the talent, skills and expertise of our people and our ability to function as a tightly integrated team. Communication and respect are essential elements of a positive and productive business relationship. We promote a caring and helpful approach to those we work with and the community around us.
Work with all areas of manufacturing to assist with the overall build of a specified job. Mold Makers are responsible for the assembly, repair, and maintenance of molds, components, and inserts. Should be able to work from diagrams and specifications to manufacture products and components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned
- Well versed in new mold assembly, tear down, and spotting.
- Ability to polish finished molds for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects.
- Complete assembly tasks per the lineup.
- Identify and report any needed materials or components that are not available to complete lineup tasks.
- Communicate progress and status of tasks by leaving a written lineup at shift-end.
- Verify work order items and pre-shipment checklist tasks are performed and completed.
- Maintain traceability of job materials/components.
- Communicate and report non-conforming products.
- Maintain status of calibrated personal tools (if applicable).
- Perform the necessary in-process quality checks for specified operations.
High school degree or equivalent; 10+ years’ experience in plastic injection tooling required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Communication – Keeps lines of communication open to ensure no misunderstandings and on-time delivery.
Customer Focused – Understands who their internal customers are and ensures their expectations are exceeded.
Dependability – Shows up to work on time, self-manages and stays focused despite distractions and interruptions.
Trouble-Shooting – Resolves difficult or complicated challenges and shows insight into the root-cause of problems and generates solutions.
Attention to Detail – Diligently attends to detail and checks work to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Apply now! Email questions and send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to know what it’s like working at Paragon?
Check-out other career openings on our website at http://www.paragonde.careers