Family owned and operated since 1942, Paragon has evolved into a multifaceted organization with a diverse product line serving Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Automotive, and many other industries. Paragon has a state-of-the-art facility with the latest machining technology and continually invests in our team and equipment.
We offer an excellent benefit package and 401(k) match in a positive and supportive work environment. Our commitment to technological advancement offers opportunities for personal growth and development.
The position is required to operate a designated CNC machine with a high degree of accuracy and speed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned
- Setup, adjust and check out programming and operate numerically controlled machine tools to perform a series of progressive machining operations on repetitive work to close and exacting tolerances and finish specifications requiring considerable skill.
- Review machine schedule board for machining needed daily.
- Works from programming instructions, operational data and machine setup instructions defining and coding tool arrangements, material clamping methods, machine calibrations and console settings for operations and occasional profiling and contouring.
- Manage scheduled hours, estimating hours accurately and communicate to supervisor estimated over/under hours.
- Manage machine program files.
- Verify programming and that the material/component matches the data/program.
- Maintaining traceability of job data, files, materials, components.
- Verify tooling and setup of job on the machine.
- Communicate with programming or the lead Machinist on any concerns with the programs.
- Communicate non-conforming product to the Supervisor.
- Responsible for maintenance of machine and cleanliness of area daily.
This position requires a High School degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in machining.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands and fingers to feel objects, tools or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Communication – Keeps lines of communication open to ensure safe, quality work with on-time delivery
Innovation – Proactively identifies new and cost-effective ways of doing things to increase effectiveness and efficiencies.
Trouble Shooting – Shows insight to the root-cause of problems with non-typical set-ups and identifies solutions.
Customer Service – Highly responsive to internal customer’s needs; exceeding their expectations.
Attention to Detail – Diligently attends to detail and checks work to ensure accuracy and completeness.