Family owned and operated since 1942,Paragon D&E is a leader in advanced manufacturing. With a strong history in injection and compression tooling, Paragon has evolved into a multifaceted organization with a diverse product line serving Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agricultural, Oil and Gas and other industries. Paragon has a state-of-the-art facility with the latest machining technology and continually invests in our team and equipment.
Paragon is committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct in all that we do. We believe that honesty and integrity create trust, which is the cornerstone of our business.
We recognize that our success depends on the talent, skills and expertise of our people and our ability to function as a tightly integrated team. Communication and respect are essential elements of a positive and productive business relationship. We promote a caring and helpful approach to those we work with and the community around us.
This position is required to coordinate outsourced work for Paragon’s projects in both a timely and cost-effective way, while keeping the end results in mind.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned
- Obtain and compare quotes for competitive pricing and lead time.
- Analyze project data to assess best fit for Paragon’s suppliers and manufacturing output.
- Provide supplier timelines to keep manufacturing and schedule board current.
- Communicate with Managers, Supervisors, Program Managers and Die Leaders of job status.
- Works with shipping and receiving to coordinate outsourced work for drop off and pickup.
- Attend and participate in job kick-off meetings related to outsourcing.
- Generate purchase orders and supply vendors with adequate data to perform the necessary services. This may include visiting suppliers for physical line-up on-top of supplying electronic data.
- Understands and communicates Paragon’s standards and expectations to vendors.
- Follow procedures and processes as assigned in Paragon’s Process Flow and Quality Manual.
- Maintain outsource contact list, a common location to view outsource status, and determine priority and order of work at outsource location.
- Manages and leverages supplier relationships for best quality and price.
- Inspects outsourced work upon arrival to ensure quality standards have been met.
High school diploma required with 10+ years hands-on experience working in a tool and die environment. Proficiency in Microsoft Office required. The ability to proficiently read, interpret and communicate CAD data is a must.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Project Management– The ability to manage several projects at one time efficiently and effectively.
Communication– Proficiently and proactively communicates to achieve desired results.
Customer Focused– Responsive to both internal and external customer needs, while exceeding their expectations.
Detail Oriented – Diligently attends to details while being highly organized to effectively coordinate projects and ideas to achieve goals.
Problem Solving – Thinks in terms of the desired outcome and comes-up with creative and cost-effective solutions while staying within the parameters of the project.
Apply now! Email questions and send your resume to email@example.com
Want to know what it’s like working at Paragon?
Check-out other career openings on our website at http://www.paragonde.careers