Family owned and operated since 1942, Paragon D&E is a leader in advanced manufacturing. With a strong history in injection and compression tooling, Paragon has evolved into a multifaceted organization with a diverse product line serving Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agricultural, Oil and Gas and other industries. Paragon has a state of the art facility with the latest machining technology and continually invests in our team and equipment.
Paragon is committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct in all that we do. We believe that honesty and integrity create trust, which is the cornerstone of our business.
We recognize that our success depends on the talent, skills and expertise of our people and our ability to function as a tightly integrated team. Communication and respect are essential elements of a positive and productive business relationship. We promote a caring and helpful approach to those we work with and the community around us.
Directs and coordinates organization activities related to human resources. Job duties include, but are not limited to, employment, compensation, benefits, payroll, organizational development, employee relations, performance management, affirmative action, training, recruitment and safety.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned
- Initiates development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Establishes standards for the development of training and facilities and/or provides training standards (including orientation) to the workforce.
- Supports strategy of business unit and HR department by participating in and supporting the establishment of both short and long-range objectives of company human resource programs and policies.
- Develops human resources policies and acts as a resource to management/employee regarding policy questions, employment law and legal issues.
- Spear head the Safety Program and manage Workers compensation.
- Interprets policy and consults with managers on performance management, documentation, counseling and consistent policy interpretation. Investigates complaints and documents investigations.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Recruit, hire and interview internally and externally to ensure all resources meet business needs.
- Develop and assist in the administrative support for the benefits, safety program, employee training/competencies and wellness program.
- Assist in identifying appropriate policies and programs for recruitment, benefit package, performance reviews, employee training, compensation and employee activities and celebrations.
- Establishes and implements programs and policies designed to protect company and employee interest in accordance with company HR policies and governmental law and regulations.
Masters preferred; Bachelor’s degree required plus 5-8 years of Human Resources experience in a leadership role. Current knowledge of applicable state and federal employment laws. SHRM certification preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Project Management – Coordinates projects; Completes projects on time and budget.
Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer/employee needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Upholds organizational values.
Initiative – Seeks increased responsibilities.
Innovation – Develops innovative approaches and ideas.