Family owned and operated since 1942, Paragon D&E is a leader in advanced manufacturing. With a strong history in injection and compression tooling, Paragon has evolved into a multifaceted organization with a diverse product line serving Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agricultural, Oil and Gas and other industries. Paragon has a state of the art facility with the latest machining technology and continually invests in our team and equipment.
Paragon is committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct in all that we do. We believe that honesty and integrity create trust, which is the cornerstone of our business.
We recognize that our success depends on the talent, skills and expertise of our people and our ability to function as a tightly integrated team. Communication and respect are essential elements of a positive and productive business relationship. We promote a caring and helpful approach to those we work with and the community around us.
This position is responsible for profitable sales to designated accounts and is the representative of the customer to the Paragon Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned
- Calls on customer representatives such as engineers, project managers, purchasing personnel, or other professional and technical personnel at customer locations on a proactive basis.
- Responsible for commercial relationships with customer and develops close working relationship and knowledge of customer needs.
- Develops customer sales and account strategies to develop new business and achieve quote, sales and margin targets. Seeks opportunities with potential customers to acquire new sales.
- Reviews part information, and other customer documents to assist in the development and preparation of cost estimates and the quoting process. Provides feedback on market prices and get the last look at quotes wherever possible.
- Gathers necessary information required for Program Managers to seamlessly kick-off the job start process.
- Assumes/shares responsibility for customer account profitability. Stays abreast of payment terms on projects and ensures that finance costs for delayed or missed payments is captured.
- Proposes changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services which would result in cost reduction or improvement in operations at Paragon D&E and at Customer Facility.
- Maintains customer contact throughout the build process, tryout and after delivery to ensure a timely build and customer satisfaction.
- Confirms engineering changes, that affect functions and documents, are appropriately updated and that internal and customer approvals are obtained before implementation.
- Works with Data Manager to ensure customer data is accurately logged.
- Completes the necessary documentation required prior to the job start process.
- Self-audits to ensure that copies of quotes and estimates are accurately filed and stored for future reference.
- The position requires travel to and from our customer’s locations.
- Ability to obtain and interpret customer quality, regulatory, etc. requirements via supplier manuals, and to communicate each requirement to the appropriate functions within the organization.
- Proficiency Microsoft Office is a must.
- Four-year degree or 6 years of Program Management experience in the plastic mold building industry preferred.
- Experience in estimating costs for new tooling and engineering change revisions is required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Communication – Is “Voice of the Customer” – communicate customer needs and expectations as well as representing Paragon’s best interests.
Customer Focused – Highly responsive to both internal and external customer’s needs; exceeding their expectations. Is a value-add partner to the Customer.
Detail Orientated – Diligently attends to details ensuring quality results.
Team Work – Work closely with designated management representative and insure good teamwork with the entire Paragon organization.
Relationship Building – Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation and mutual respect.