Family owned and operated since 1942, Paragon D&E is a leader in advanced manufacturing. With a strong history in injection and compression tooling, Paragon has evolved into a multifaceted organization with a diverse product line serving Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agricultural, Oil and Gas and other industries. Paragon has a state of the art facility with the latest machining technology and continually invests in our team and equipment.
Paragon is committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct in all that we do. We believe that honesty and integrity create trust, which is the cornerstone of our business.
We recognize that our success depends on the talent, skills and expertise of our people and our ability to function as a tightly integrated team. Communication and respect are essential elements of a positive and productive business relationship. We promote a caring and helpful approach to those we work with and the community around us.
Prepare engineered files for programming, assembly or the customer directly. Design various types of tooling and supply manufacturing with the data for tool builds.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned
- Manage multiple tool designs ensuring deadlines are met.
- Develop tool designs from conception to completion and develop runoff and parting lines using solid modeling.
- Compares final data from customers to insure project definition accuracy.
- Prep for and attend assigned meetings to manage open issues and set dates for milestones.
- Attain and submit all the information required for customer approvals.
- Create custom components and modifications.
- Identify and approve stock list for purchased components.
- Prepare the needed data for Programming, Assembly or the Customer.
- Update current data to our data management system (PICs) daily.
- Attend tooling review meetings and interact with the customer.
- Collaborate with purchasing, program management and manufacturing ensuring the projects success.
- Participate in various Product Group planning meetings.
- Prep work for assignment to team members.
- Delegate work to their Engineering support team.
- Manage daily progress report outs (input from team members).
- Notify Department Supervisor regarding additional resource needs.
- Enter Significant notations for clarification and reference (job notes journaling).
- Responsible for making sure job milestones are met.
- Manage and communicate plan deviations as required.
- Insure consistent standards on customer packages.
- Provide performance concerns/feedback about their support team to Department Supervisor.
10+ years equivalent experience in tool design/tool building, preferably in plastic mold tooling or four-year degree in Engineering/Design. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required. Previous experience with VISI solid model software highly preferred. Supervision experience desired. Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and one-piece-flow a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Project Management – The ability to effectively manage several projects at one time.
Communication and Follow-Through – Proactively communicates with both internal and external customers with proper follow-up to exceed customer expectations.
Teamwork – Excels in a team environment and fits-in to our family-oriented culture.
Self-Managed – Effectively work and make decisions with little direction.
Innovative – Be an interactive and innovative part of the Engineering team.
Leadership – Able to lead and mentor to maximize team moral, effectiveness and efficiencies.