Family owned and operated since 1942, Paragon D&E is a leader in advanced manufacturing. With a strong history in injection and compression tooling, Paragon has evolved into a multifaceted organization with a diverse product line serving Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agricultural, Oil and Gas and other industries. Paragon has a state of the art facility with the latest machining technology and continually invests in our team and equipment. Paragon is committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct in all that we do. We believe that honesty and integrity create trust, which is the cornerstone of our business.
We recognize that our success depends on the talent, skills and expertise of our people and our ability to function as a tightly integrated team. Communication and respect are essential elements of a positive and productive business relationship. We promote a caring and helpful approach to those we work with and the community around us.
This position provides the skills and insights to necessary to adapt processes to meet complex customer needs. Work in concert with the automation team, leading improvements in the means and methods of work to complete the job inside of time and cost constraints.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned
- Gives input and test macros, able to utilize advanced tooling to create automation with a high standard of quality and safety on existing products.
- Assists the Supervisor in planning staffing needs for work cells.
- Helps develop, direct and train set-up best practices to improve safety and efficiencies.
- Gives input for development of macros and/or templates to automate complex machining processes.
- Proactively works with scheduling to improve workflow to increase efficiencies and reduce set-up times.
- Looks at existing processes and identifies, tests and proves-out potential improvements, standardizes and implements changes.
- Evaluates the project and proactively identifies and communicates a successful roadmap.
- Provides hands-on assistance with operation of Boring Mills where needed.
- Effectively collaborates with the team (Machinists, Scheduling, etc.) to achieve safety quality and efficiency goals.
- Sees the value of metrics (spindle time, hours, machine health, etc.) and promotes collaboration with their team to achieve goals.
- Implements positive changes in their area to promote efficiencies.
- Works closely with Supervisor to identify skill-levels of employees for best utilization and potential training opportunities.
- Provide training and mentorship to Machinists and Programmers within the department.
- Creates processes to avoid potential safety hazards and quality issues to equipment and people.
- Knows which internal resources are available and understands how to utilize them.
- Promotes all continuous improvement initiatives and activities.
High school degree or equivalent and 5-15+ years of Programming and Machining experience required. Full understanding of Powermill software required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Communication – Keeps lines of communication open to ensure collaboration and on-time delivery.
Customer Focused – Understands who their customers are and ensures expectations are exceeded.
Mentorship – Effectively demonstrates, trains and teaches best practices.
Leadership – Leads to ensure team safety, cohesiveness, collaboration and productivity.
Innovation – Proactively identifies new and cost effective ways of doing things to increase efficiencies.