Family owned and operated since 1942, Paragon D&E is a leader in advanced manufacturing. With a strong history in injection and compression tooling, Paragon has evolved into a multifaceted organization with a diverse product line serving Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agricultural, Oil and Gas and other industries. Paragon has a state of the art facility with the latest machining technology and continually invests in our team and equipment.
Paragon is committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct in all that we do. We believe that honesty and integrity create trust, which is the cornerstone of our business.
We recognize that our success depends on the talent, skills and expertise of our people and our ability to function as a tightly integrated team. Communication and respect are essential elements of a positive and productive business relationship. We promote a caring and helpful approach to those we work with and the community around us.
The Product Team Machine Lead acts as a liaison between Sales/Program Managers and the Product Groups Teams to ensure that in-coming products are machined meeting quality and on-time delivery standards, keeping within budget and produced as efficiently as possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned
- Partners with the Sales/PM/Product Group Team to create and implement a manufacturing plan to achieve quality and on-time delivery within budget.
- Takes initiative to understand other perspectives while generating action plans.
- Anticipates the implications and consequences of situations and takes appropriate action to be prepared for possible contingencies.
- Utilizes resources “People” on projects that may not be going according to plan and assists in developing and communicating a recovery plan.
- Creates a documented process flow for jobs by product type.
- Establish, document, and train to consistent machining standards by product type and machine.
- Applies innovation to maximize machine setups and spindle uptime without compromising safety or quality.
- Partners with the tool room identifying tooling needs tied to the manufacturing plan creating seamless integration into the CNC machine center creating automation and a high standard of safety and quality.
- Communicates manufacturing best practices with design and I/T to leverage and capture automation and technology gains.
- Seeks to support new and meaningful metrics to help drive Paragon’s vision.
- Knowledge of GDT, ability to review prints, experience on multiple CNC machines a plus.
- Requires a High School degree or equivalent. A minimum of 5 years’ experience required; 10 years’ experience preferred in 2D and 3D machining and programming.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Teamwork – Develops collaborative relationships with coworkers and contributes toward group solutions.
- Communication – Communicates to seek mutual understanding while building positive and productive relationships.
- Self-Managed – Manages work-load to complete the amount necessary to keep Paragon on track for accomplishing productivity and efficiency goals.
- Creativity/Innovation – Promotes a caring and helpful approach to those they work with and looks for ways to make other people’s jobs easier.
- Leadership – Exhibits leadership qualities and is viewed as a leader throughout Paragon.