Family owned and operated since 1942, Paragon D&E is a leader in advanced manufacturing. With a strong history in injection and compression tooling, Paragon has evolved into a multifaceted organization with a diverse product line serving Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agricultural, Oil and Gas and other industries. Paragon has a state of the art facility with the latest machining technology and continually invests in our team and equipment
Paragon is committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct in all that we do. We believe that honesty and integrity create trust, which is the cornerstone of our business.
We recognize that our success depends on the talent, skills and expertise of our people and our ability to function as a tightly integrated team. Communication and respect are essential elements of a positive and productive business relationship. We promote a caring and helpful approach to those we work with and the community around us.
This position is required to coordinate outsourced work for Paragon’s projects in both a timely and cost-effective way, while keeping the end results in mind.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned
- Review Customer RFQ for technical requirements
- Coordinate with sales team on estimating outsourced content of projects that may include weldments, fabrication, coatings, and machining.
- Understands and communicates customers and Paragon’s standards, specifications and expectations to suppliers.
- Obtain and negotiate quotes for competitive pricing and lead time.
- Helps manage and leverage supplier relationships for best quality and price.
- Execute purchase orders for outsourced content with suppliers and provide adequate data to perform the necessary services. This may include visiting suppliers for physical line-up on-top of supplying electronic data.
- Provide Back up to Outsource Manager.
- Communicate with Supply Chain to both develop and maintain preferred suppliers based upon Paragon’s requirements.
- Determine priority and order of work at outsource location.
- Provide supplier timelines to keep manufacturing and schedule board current.
- Communicate outsourced status with Managers, Supervisors, Program Managers and Die Leaders.
- Works with shipping and receiving to coordinate outsourced work for drop off and pick up.
- Attend and participate in job kick-off meetings related to outsourcing.
- Follow procedures and processes as assigned in Paragon’s Process Flow and Quality Manual.
- Inspects outsourced work upon arrival to ensure quality standards have been met.
- Estimated travel time will be 25%+ including the occasional overnight stay.
High school diploma required with 5+ years hands-on experience with machining, welding, fabricating, and coatings. The ability to proficiently read, interpret and communicate CAD data and read prints is a must. Proficiency in Microsoft Office required. Background in Aerospace is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Project Management – The ability to manage several projects at one time efficiently and effectively.
- Communication – Proficiently and proactively communicates to achieve desired results while building and maintaining relationships with vendors.
- Customer Focused – Responsive to both internal and external customer needs, while exceeding their expectations with timeline and budget.
- Detail Oriented – Diligently attends to details while being highly organized to effectively coordinate projects and ideas to achieve goals.
- Problem Solving – Thinks in terms of the desired outcome and comes-up with creative and cost-effective solutions while staying within the parameters of the project.