Family owned and operated since 1942 Paragon D&E is a leader in advanced manufacturing. With a strong history in injection and compression tooling, Paragon has evolved into a multifaceted organization with a diverse product line serving Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agricultural, Oil and Gas and other industries. Paragon has a state of the art facility with the latest machining technology and continually invests in our team and equipment.
Paragon is committed to the highest standards of ethical conduct in all that we do. We believe that honesty and integrity create trust, which is the cornerstone of our business.
We recognize that our success depends on the talent, skills and expertise of our people and our ability to function as a tightly integrated team. Communication and respect are essential elements of a positive and productive business relationship. We promote a caring and helpful approach to those we work with and the community around us.
The position is required to develop complex 3-D and 5-axis programs with a high degree of safety, quality, and efficiency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned
- Develops complex 3-D and 5-axis programs.
- Proactively works with scheduling to improve workflow to increase efficiencies and reduce set-up times.
- Provides input for development of macros and/or templates to automate complex machining processes.
- Evaluates the project and proactively identifies, develops and communicates a successful machining plan.
- Effectively collaborates with the team (Supervisors, Program Managers, Engineers and Project Leads etc.) to achieve safety, quality and efficiency goals.
- Sees the value of metrics (spindle time, hours, machine health, etc.) and promotes collaboration with their team to achieve goals.
- Implements positive changes in their area to promote efficiencies.
- Works closely with Supervisor to identify skill-levels of employees for best utilization and potential training opportunities.
- Creates processes to avoid potential safety hazards and quality issues to equipment and people.
This position requires a High School degree or equivalent and a minimum of 8 years’ experience in complex 3-D and 5-axis programming. Experience programming with Powermill is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands and fingers to feel objects, tools or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Communication – Keeps lines of communication open to ensure safe, quality work with on-time delivery
Innovation – Proactively identifies new and cost-effective ways of doing things to increase effectiveness and efficiencies.
Trouble Shooting – Shows insight to the root-cause of problems with non-typical set-ups and identifies solutions.
Customer Service – Highly responsive to internal customer’s needs; exceeding their expectations.
Attention to Detail – Diligently attends to detail and checks work to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Apply today! Email questions and send your resume to email@example.com
Want to know what it’s like working at Paragon?
Check-out other career openings on our website www.paragonde.careers