Who is Paragon D&E?
Family owned and operated since 1942, Paragon D&E is a leader in advanced manufacturing. With a strong history in injection and compression tooling, Paragon has evolved into a multifaceted organization with a diverse product line serving Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Heavy Truck, Automotive, Agricultural, Oil and Gas and other industries. Paragon has a state of the art facility with the latest machining technology and continually invests in our team and equipment.
What you will do:
Drive a quad axle straight-truck and/or a tractor with one or more trailers (18-wheel) on public roadways to transport materials, molds or equipment between states or within a local city or state.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following, other duties may be assigned
- Operate an overhead crane and lift truck with trailer to move raw blocks and tooling for job preparations and job transitions for machining and assembly.
- Utilize schedule board to assist in job transitions and task prioritization.
- Ensure that material in the shop is identified and clearly labeled.
- Check incoming material, verify shippers and prepare finished jobs for shipping.
- Assist with finishing processes, including cleaning and deburring material, maintenance and clean-up for each job.
- Support general housekeeping and shop organization.
- Perform projects and tasks as required and assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for loading and unloading by method of crane or Hi-Lo
- Ensures loads are secure using approved devices and methods.
- Defines most feasible route.
- Responsible for reporting needed vehicle maintenance.
- Tracks and maintains all required records, such as driving logs.
- Turns in all shipping and receiving slips to appropriate person.
- Responsible for driving local routes, occasional overnight stays may be required.
4-6 years over-the-road experience with a valid class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) required. Other requirements include: Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations exam, Department of Transportation (DOT) physical, experience loading, unloading and driving heavy loads by operating a crane and lift truck (with trailer) preferred. Experience in a tool & die environment and a high-degree of mechanical aptitude is ideal.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Communication – Keeps lines of communication open to ensure on-time delivery.
Customer Focused – Understands who their customers are and ensures expectations are exceeded.
Attention to Detail – Takes pride in what they do and makes sure work is safely and accurately.
Flexibility – Ability to be flexible and the potential of helping in different areas depending on work load demands.
Adaptability – Easily adapts to short-notice route changes to ensure customer satisfaction.
Want to now what it’s like working at Paragon?
Check-out other career openings on our website http://www.paragonde.careers