Who is Paragon D&E?
Family owned and operated for nearly 70 years, Paragon has evolved into a multifaceted organization with a diverse product line serving Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Automotive, and many other industries. Paragon has a state-of-the-art facility with the latest machining technology and continually invests in our team and equipment.
We offer an excellent benefit package and 401(k) match in a positive and supportive work environment. Our commitment to technological advancement offers opportunities for personal growth and development.
*Paragon was awarded one of West Michigan’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For the last three consecutive years*
Ensures hardware and network within the facility is up and working.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following, other duties may be assigned
- Installs, diagnoses, repairs and maintains all hardware and networking equipment.
- Provides support to employees involving the operation of a computer and auxiliary equipment such as high-speed printers and peripheral machines.
- Set up data collection, access cards, install or gives access to appropriate programs.
- Reviews and evaluates information systems operations and provides technical support so the end users can accomplish business tasks
- Follow procedures and processes as assigned in the Process Flow and Quality Man.
- Perform projects and tasks as required and assigned by supervisor
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associates degree or working towards a degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred.
- Ability to learn and demonstrate the skills needed to become proficient in the assigned area of responsibility.
- The drive and desire for IT to become a long-term career path.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office as well as other Industry software is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Customer Focused – Responds promptly to customer needs and exceeds their expectations.
Commitment – Driven too complete and stay focused toward completing tasks.
Self-Driven – Ability to self-manage and efficiently complete work load with little to no direction.
Attention to Detail/Organization – Diligently attends to details and performs tasks with care. Makes few if any errors and checks work to ensure accuracy and completeness. Able to manage time and priorities with little to no direction.
Communication – Thoroughly communicates and checks for understanding while ensures internal customer needs are met.
Continuous learning – Demonstrates eagerness to acquire necessary technical knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to serve a customer’s needs effectively. Has desire and drive to acquire knowledge and skills necessary to perform job more effectively