Are you motivated, hard-working and detail oriented? Do you find yourself wondering how tools get from nothing to something? The position of an Apprentice presents an incredible opportunity for your career if you have a strong mechanical aptitude, an attention to detail, and are determined to exceed expectations. It can even earn you a free college education!
Who is Paragon D&E?
Family owned and operated for over 75 years, Paragon has evolved into a multifaceted organization with a diverse product line serving Aerospace, Defense, Nuclear, Automotive, and many other industries. Paragon has a state-of-the-art facility with the latest machining technology and continually invests in our team and equipment.
We offer an excellent benefit package and 401(k) match in a positive and supportive work environment. Our commitment to technological advancement offers opportunities for personal growth and development.
*Paragon was awarded on e of West Michigan’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For the last three consecutive years*
What you will do:
All Apprentices start in the Material Handler role for 3-6 months familiarizing themselves with all areas of the shop. Responsibilities include:
- Operate an overhead crane and fork lift truck with trailer to move raw blocks and tooling for job preparations and job transitions for CNC machines.
- Utilize schedule board to assist in job transitions and task prioritization.
- Ensure that material in the shop is identified and clearly labeled.
- Check incoming material, verify shippers and prepare finished jobs for shipping.
- Assist with finishing processes, including cleaning and deburring material, maintenance and clean-up for each job.
As an Apprentice, your responsibilities include:
- Learn and demonstrate the skills needed to become proficient in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Responsible for the completion of the Apprentice Training Plan.
- Required to attend monthly Apprentice meetings to provide feedback on how training is progressing.
As a Machinist, your responsibilities include:
- Setup, adjust and check out programming and operate numerically controlled machine tools to
- Review machine schedule board for machining needed daily.
- Works from programming instructions, operational data and machine setup instructions
- Manage scheduled hours, estimating hours accurately and communicate to supervisor estimated over/under hours.
- Manage machine program files.
- Verify tooling and setup of job on the machine.
- Communicate with programming or the lead Machinist on any concerns with the programs.
- Responsible for maintenance of machine and cleanliness of area daily.
What qualifications you need to be successful:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Availability to work days, nights and weekends required .
- Experience operating a crane and fork lift truck (with trailer) preferred
- Experience in a tool & die environment and a high-degree of mechanical aptitude is ideal.
- Must have been trained and worked-in Paragon’s Material Handler role for at least 3 months and/or equivalent experience.
Job type: Full-time
Apply today! Email questions and send your resume to email@example.com
Want to know what it’s like working at Paragon?
Check-out other career openings on our website http://www.paragonde.careers